Tradistae is a Catholic Worker organization committed to proclaiming and living the Gospel of Jesus Christ through the works of mercy, intentional community, liturgical tradition, and the struggle for social justice. Tradistae is based out of Lancaster, PA, but has a number of friends and members, primarily throughout the United States.
We believe that Catholic Social Teaching, as taught by the Social Encyclicals of the Popes. This can be described in many ways, such as:
- the Gospel applied to governments, economies, cultures, and families
- the Politics of Virtue Ethics and the Common Good
- Distributism, including its agrarian and ecological origins (a.k.a. a Small Farm Future)
- Thomistic Liberation Theology
- the “New Traditionalism,” a paradox beyond the Left/Right dichotomy
- the Politics of the Real, Postliberal Thought, and Radical Orthodoxy—as articulated by our friends at New Polity
Our website exists to host resources on Catholic Social Teaching. Some of these are teaching tools, such as our easy essays and the Tradistae Podcast. We have other resources to inspire you in prayer and praxis, especially the spiritual and corporal works of mercy and the practice of intentional Christian community. We welcome all people of good will to join us in creating a better world through prayer, penance, and solidarity.
To keep up to date with Tradistae, join our mailing list or follow us on Twitter and Facebook. To support the work of Tradistae, you can become a patron on patreon or volunteer with our worker-scholar missions. Please feel free to contact us.